Sunday

GARDENING; THE GOOD ENOUGH METHOD

We are having a late spring frost, so I am unable to do much planting for another week or two.  I made up for this by getting out in the garden to do a bit of tidy-up. 

My little vegetable growing area was looking pretty sad after the winter, and two summers of neglect!, and I spent about an hour raking out the leaves and fixing up the climbing supports.  I am pleased with the results. 

I will be planting vegetables and annuals among the perennials, as they come to life.  So, at this moment I need to be patient and allow things to pop up in the garden.  Here are the basic structures that I am planning on using.


The 'circle' supports are being used in a different setup from their original plan, but they are quite secure and I will see how well they work.  If they are not strong enough, or tall enough, I will have to have a rethink!

I am unable to attach the trellis style climbers to the wall, so I used the spiral stakes that I already owned to secure them in place. While they are not perfect, they are definitely ‘Good Enough’,  and they will look great once things get growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment